International Investor Award Winner
Banque Misr was established as the first wholly Egyptian-owned bank in 1920 by the pioneer economist and financial expert Mohamed Talaat Harb Pasha. Banque Misr’s role is visible in all economic fields due to its geographic outreach. The bank has about 18,000 employees, serving a large base of more than 10 million clients in Egypt, with a total paid-up capital amounting to EGP15bn. The bank has about 700 electronically integrated local branches located nationwide to provide the best and most accessible services to customers. Banque Misr also values its regional and international presence, which includes its five branches in the United Arab Emirates and one in France. In addition, the bank’s international presence includes subsidiaries in Lebanon and Germany, as well as representative offices in China, Russia ,South Korea and Italy and a global network of correspondents.