How would you describe Winland in a nutshell?
Founded in 1970 with over 50 years of legacy in Hong Kong, Winland Wealth Management Limited started as an investment arm of a prominent local family and has evolved to a unique wealth management firm that provides holistic financial solutions to wealthy investors in Hong Kong and overseas. As an originated member of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and a licensed custodian, we carry full capability in advisory, dealing and safekeeping services. We are a financial institution that provides a full scope of offerings. Our strong global trading platform, vast range of investment products and exclusive investment opportunities enable us to provide professional advice on wealth management matters and rare investment opportunities in the market. Along with our team of seasoned and professional wealth management practitioners, we are proud to serve our clients with an exceptional and well-rounded wealth management experience.
How has the firm’s business model changed over the years?
We started as a single-family office equipped with a full brokerage service infrastructure serving relatives and friends. As generations grew, we evolved simultaneously. At the same time, Hong Kong has advanced to being one of the top financial centres of the world, changing from a homogeneous nature to a world of global exposures. With the transformation occurred in the financial industry, Winland has strived for becoming a dynamic wealth management service provider offering a complete and sophisticated investment platform to service private wealth clients in Hong Kong and from overseas.
What are the firm’s business principles?
The way we do business upholds our principles of:
- Integrity - Ethical and honest in all aspects.
- Fairness - Provide unbiased advice and protect clients’ interests.
- Transparency - Clear disclosure of pricing, portfolio performance, market information, investment advice and product risk level.
- Client Centric Approach - Treat clients with respect. Value partnership and collaboration.
Tell us a bit about yourself.
Throughout decades of exposure in the private wealth management industry, I have gained solid experience from multi-national financial institutions including HSBC, Bank of America, ABN AMRO, RBS and Coutts & Co. During my tenure, I spearheaded to formulate numerous successful strategies across the areas of product innovation, system integration, branding, business expansion, portfolio management, corporate restructuring, as well as the development of an integrated platform for high net worth individuals. With a love of art and investment – prior to joining Winland; I joined Christie’s, the prestigious auction house where I acquired the knowledge of art appreciation and about the world of tangible investment.
Currently, I serve as an independent consultant to financial institutions in Asia and was nominated by CityWire magazine as one of Asia’s “Independent Power Players in 2020”. With Winland’s unique positioning in the market of private wealth and family office, I am often invited as guest speakers to numerous business conferences and financial forums.
5. What about your team?
Our clients are supported by a group of professional wealth management practitioners including seasoned private bankers, investment consultants, wealth managers, lawyers and senior executives along with a highly experienced client services team.
6.Can you elaborate on Winland’s investment capability?
As a top-notch financial service provider, we have access to over 50 global exchanges and a vast range of investment and protection vehicles including:
- Alternative Investments
- Digital Assets
- Index and Stock Options
- Fine Arts
- Fixed Income
- Life and General Insurance
- Regulated and Authorised Funds
- Real Estates Investments
- Hedged Funds
- Ventures Capital
- Private Equity and Credit Funds
- Physical Commodities
- Structured Products
- Forestry Investments
7.Can you tell us more about Winland’s unique services and solutions?
We are independent and unencumbered of proprietary obligations which allow us to provide unbiased, integrated, and holistic wealth management solution tailored to our clients’ financial objectives.
- Self-managed Account - For clients who prefer to make their own investment decisions, we offer an efficient execution service where they have access to leading investment products and services.
- Tailored Portfolio - An investment portfolio framework is customized based on clients’ unique investment objectives and risk profile. This service can be either advisory or discretionary.
- Family Office Services - We are a team of committed and experienced professionals to provide comprehensive services including private wealth management advisory, family governance, legacy planning, insurance and protection, citizenship, charity giving, budgeting and other related requests.
- Off-shore Banking - We provide direct access to off-shore banking for those clients who would like to open banking account overseas without leaving Hong Kong. They can enjoy full banking services including Lombard Lending, trading, investing, cash withdrawal and online access.
- Institutional Services - We offer strong infrastructure to support financial institutions in terms of effective trading platform, vast range of investment opportunities, effective financial vehicles, efficient administration, and operation assistance.
How do you see your firm in the next five years?
With unique services and comprehensive investment capabilities, we look at ourselves as a pioneer of the wealth management industry in Hong Kong. We keep innovating, evolving, and thinking beyond the conventional practice. We will continue to strive as a leader to interpret a new world of wealth management.