The improvement of relationships between the banking sector and its clients is the top priority in this coming event.
The International Financial Reporting Standard 9 (IFRS-9) has been implemented since the start of the year, prompting financial institutions from Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Oceania to re-evaluate their business model, capital allocation and the management of loans and provisions. This is changing the way in which banks are monitoring their portfolios, money, and credits.
Middle East Global Advisors feels the duty to correspond after these changes in the finance industry all across the region, and that is why they are planning The Corporate Restructuring Summit 2018 to be celebrated on September 5-6, in the city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The main focus of this big event will be set upon financial restructuring (1) and non-performing loans or NPLs (2), in order to facilitate a strong dialogue between banks, corporations, regulators, legal firms and advisors with the aim to optimize their relationships within the new parameters of the IFRS-9.
Strong points to consider
- Foster the discussion of more effective NPL strategies for defaults and SKIPS
- In-depth analysis of the new landscape for banks brought by the IFRS-9
- Find better solutions for a more efficient debt restructuring for corporates
- Strengthen the dialogue among key stakeholders
- Examine federal bankruptcy laws in free zone jurisdictions
The participation of Magna Cum-Laude speakers is expected, addressing cost-intensive industry challenges, giving their best insights with the latest information about better business practices, accompanied by cutting-edge content that comes from extensive research projects made by a distinguished panel of experts. These are some of the names that will in attendance:
- H. E. Dr. Fahad Alshathri, Deputy Governor of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority
- Majed Essa Al Ajeel, Chairman of the Kuwait Banking Association
- Simon Charlton, from Ahmad Hamad Al Gosaibi & Brothers
- Dr. Nasser Saidi, President of Nasser Saidi & Associates
- Murat Sultanov, Senior Financial Sector Specialist from the World Bank Group
- Many more
International Investor Magazine will be covering the whole event on September 5-6, from all social networks with special content coming from the scene, follow us on Twitter @InterInvestor and @CorpRS. We are an online publication that provides insights, news and visual informative pieces with topics ranging from world markets, investing opportunities, industry analysis and so much more. All content is dedicated to the global investment community that wants to take a step ahead.